Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I Love Lists Wednesdays: Top 10 Favorite Quotes:

So I'm kiiiind of a quote freak. I consider myself not too well with the words, and I always seem to find someone else who says exactly what I feel better than I could, so here we go with my Top Ten List of Favorite Non-Movie/Non-Song/Non-Scripture Quotes!


1. "For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you can make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again." - F. Scott Fitzgerald


2. "Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman


3. "Love me when I least deserve it because that is when I really need it."- Swedish Proverb 


4. "I am still determined to be cheerful and to be happy in whatever situation I may be, for I have also learnt from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances." - Martha Washington




5. "You can do anything, but not everything" - David Allen


6. "I'm going to make everything around me beautiful-that will be my life" - Elsie de Wolfe


7. "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain 


8. "Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think that you've lost time. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time." 


9. "Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and twice as beautiful as you'd ever imagined." 


10. "Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." - Steve Jobs



2 comments:

  1. Awesome quotes; I think I liked #4 the best, but they were all good. Here's a some more quotes to think about (all from books), if you don't mind:

    1. "If we had a keen vision and feeling of all ordinary human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel's heart beat, and we should die of that roar which lies on the other side of silence."
    - George Eliot, Middlemarch

    2. "I think it’s impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game

    3. "[Speaking of 'ubuntu'] It is the essence of being human. It speaks of the fact that my humanity is caught up and is inextricably bound up in yours. I am human because I belong. It speaks about wholeness, it speaks about compassion. A person with ubuntu is welcoming, hospitable, warm and generous, willing to share. Such people are open and available to others, willing to be vulnerable, affirming of others, do not feel threatened that others are able and good, for they have a proper self-assurance that comes from knowing that they belong in a greater whole. They know that they are diminished when others are humiliated, diminished when others are oppressed, diminished when others are treated as if they were less than who they are. The quality of ubuntu gives people resilience, enabling them to survive and emerge still human despite all efforts to dehumanise them." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

    4. “The human mind is incredible. It can do nothing without belief, yet practically anything with it." - Sylvia Louise Engdahl, Enchantress from the Stars.

    And that's all I have time for now. Quotes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely adore quotes:) I love the first one and third one you put up!! I'll make another post later of quotes from scriptures, movies, and books..wayyyy too many that I love to narrow it down! 10 was even hard for me:)

    ReplyDelete