Monday, November 26, 2012

Happiness is Anyone and Anything At All

  Happiness is gratitude. Needless to say, this weekend was fantastic! Besides Easter and then Christmas, Thanksgiving is one of my favorite Holidays. What better day than the one where you are surrounded by people you love and eat tons of amazing food and being reminded of how many blessings you have in life?! The answer is there is none. On Thanksgiving everyone got on me cause I banned saying thankful for family and the gospel. But here is the thing: Those are the two most outstanding things that I am thankful for and I know everyone there was thankful for as well. I like hearing the little things people are thankful for. Family and the gospel are the two most consistent things in my life and my rock and foundation. They are the things I am most thankful for everyday. I see Thanksgiving as a day to not only recognize those things, but what the past year has brought and the blessings I have been given.
   So here goes what else I am thankful for this past year-well at least a little bit of the things:
1. The opportunity to further my education
2. My major: Anthropology.
3. My desire to learn
4. The trials I have gone through this year
5. The testimony I have gained and strengthened
6. Tithing
7. Fasting
8. My Health
9. Doctors
10. My wonderful job and that family!
11. Living on Campus
12. My amazing roommates!
13. Netflix
14. Blogging
15. The people who have influenced my life this year and been there to help me grow and push me to be the best version of myself
16. A new, reliable car
17. The relationships I am gaining with my family
18. The ever growing relationship I have with my Father in Heaven
19. The influence and comfort the scriptures have and my patriarchal blessing
20. The talents I have
21. Friends getting the opportunity to serve missions
22. General Conference and General Authorities
23. Instagram
24. I got to see my baby nephew boys this summer...and my sister and brother!
25. I saw my best friend for the first time since she moved!
26. Halloween decorations in my dorm
27. Dermatologist
28. Really good music:)
29. Quotes
30. Odwalla Drinks

So like I said, those are just a few of the other things besides my family and the gospel I am thankful for this year, granted some aspects of family and gospel were in there!

I also had the opportunity to sing for my friends mission farewell yesterday. Most of the time, I can get through a song without crying. But sometimes I really listen to the words I am singing. So if you need a good boost to get you through the day and remind you how much you are loved, check out this beautiful hymn - "I Know That My Redeemer Lives".

So this weekend for Thanksgiving my family and I and two of my friends went to a cabin in Maggie Valley just past Asheville. It was gorgeous!! We drove on the Blue Ridge Parkway, went shooting, ate tons of food, sat in the hot tub, played card games, and visited funky little stores! Here are just a few of my favorite pictures from the weekend!
Hope everyone had a fantastic Holiday! And Good Luck with Finals!

View from the Porch!

Me and Soph Soph

Photobomb turned one of favorite pictures

Blue Ridge Parkway!


No comments:

Post a Comment