Sunday, August 19, 2012

Independence...And The Likes Of!

    Well this past week has been quite eventful! I went back and babysat Gabby for a few days and had some fun with her, moved in to an on campus apartment, took a road trip to Georgia to say "Good-bye" to some very good friends, went to a Jason Mraz concert, and made it back home to suit 211 in one piece while making new friends:)

    I babysat Gabby on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and we went swimming and had a blast just trying to get back into the swing of things! Thursday I moved in to Suit 211 and met my roommates and went to bed super early! It was a really long day filled with multiple shopping trips, chocolate, and  good feeling about my new home:)
 
    The next morning I woke up and my friend Liz and I drove to Georgia for the weekend. It didn't feel like a five hour drive because we made it so fun! That afternoon I saw two of my best friends before they left the next morning for BYU. Let me just say, these two boys are some of the best guys I know who can make me smile with the smallest things! Matthew and Stephen and I have been friends for a few years, and I hope we can have lots more! BYU is lucky to have them there:)

    The next day, Liz and I decided to try this thing with our hair... We put two egg yolks, a teaspoon of oil and two teaspoons of vinegar in a bowl, whipped it up, and put it in our hair. Yes. We did that. But the result after the wash and shampoo? Shiny, soft, strong hair!
 
    That night was the Jason Mraz concert. Let me just say, Jason is an odd fellow, but in Middle School I fell in love with his music. We had lawn seats and ended up renting chairs there, so when the rain came pouring down in line we had no cover! We had done our hair and everything for the fun night ahead, but only to look like drowned rats after! The concert ended up being a super fun atmosphere and really chill but hyped up at the same time. Definitely worth the half hour drench!

    This morning we woke up and drove 4.5 hours back home, went to church, and this evening I went home for an hour to grab some stuff and hang out with the fam. Let me tell you, I have spent one night in this place, but driving home felt so weird. I love going home, but it will definitely be different. I know it's time for me to move on and grow up and hopefully get married one day! But I'm taking it a step at a time and it means I get to live with some really great people! Tonight we hung out and just talked for a while. We have to make a Roommate Agreement and making one of those means you get really close really fast! I hope we can all keep getting along and everything!

    Tomorrow my Sophomore year of college starts. I am nowhere near who I will become, but looking at myself just a year ago, there is a huge difference. I have grown stronger in my testimony of the gospel and of Christ, realized so much more about myself, changed my priorities and my major, found my focus, and made mistakes as well! This coming year I hope I can find exactly what the Lord has planned for me, serve others in more ways than I can imagine, grow stronger in my relationships with the people around me and God, and grasp every piece of knowledge I can find. I hope this new school year will be great all around:)


Our Egg Yolk Stuff..

Gimpy Really Hates Me

Before the Concert!

After the torrential downpour!

Jason Mraz!

No comments:

Post a Comment