Sunday, October 7, 2012

Life Is Amazing

    Sometimes you just have to remember how amazing life is and how amazing the Lord is. I feel so extremely blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I always have peace and happiness in my life if I am following Christ and have faith in the Lord that everything will be okay. Twice a year we have something called General Conference where apostles and the prophet of our church speak to us and give us divine revelation and just general advice. Two major things about this conference. The first is that, even though I have yet to watch the first two sessions from Saturday, I found out that they lowered the mission age. Young Men age 19 can go out and serve missions for our church for two years. The age for Young Women was 21. Yesterday they officially lowered the age to 18 for men and 19 for women. This opened up the opportunity to serve a mission now. I don't know if it is the right thing for me, but I am so excited to see some of my closest friends serving missions so soon! And I can't wait to read the talks tomorrow on www.lds.org (that's right, look it up tomorrow if you want to read and see what amazing things the Lord is telling us this time!)
     The second thing about this conference was what I needed to hear. I need to rely on the Lord's timing and have more faith in the fact that He knows everything. He has a plan and a mission for me. I need to trust and not rush into anything and not rush my life. Life is meant to be enjoyed one experience at a time. Everything will fall into place as it is needed. I just need to remember that He always has a plan for me that is so much better than I expect and it will happen in the right time. He has my best interest in mind.
     In other news, I had a pretty slacked off week. I didn't get a lot done even though I should have an had the time to...sometimes I'm just silly like that and forget. So Saturday I went to the Archaeology and Heritage Day at Jordan Lake for extra credit. It was actually really neat! We saw tons of booths with information about NC archaeological sites, a man who collected all sorts of spear points and rocks from dig sites, snow cones, hot dogs, peacock feathers, face painting, chickens and bunnies, a miniature pony, owls, and a saw and log. Pretty neat and had a good time getting to know some of my classmates that came with! I went home and tried to watch conference on my computer, which ended up not working cause of my wifi, but then I went to a concert! I know a few guys who are in a band called Airial Down(yeah, look them up because you won't be disappointed!) and they were so awesome! I'll post a few pictures of the weekend next time I get on here because my photo thing is being stupid tonight.

I hope everyone has a great and fantastic week and finds a chance to serve someone each day!


No comments:

Post a Comment