Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tunes

So every now and again I'll find just an odd assortment of songs that I can't stop listening to...this is the playlist for the past few days!

"I Wanna Dance With Somebody" - Ben Rector (He's coming to Charlotte in March or April...and my birthday is coming up...hint hint!)

"All I Ever Need"- Nikki Reed and Paul McDonald. He was on American Idol a few years ago, she plays Rosalie in "Twilight" and guess what...they are actually married which adds to the good vibes and emotion in this song.

"What Are Words"-Chris Medina. Just one of the best wedding songs ever that will brighten any day!

Aaaand on the flip side- "I Can't Make You Love Me"-Bonnie Raitt. The most beautiful and perfect sad song. This song literally makes me feel every emotion, and probably a different one every time I listen. Sometimes I feel really happy and just loved and blessed. And sometimes I feel comforted. Sometimes I feel flat out sad...the way most people see this song. Either way, her voice just floats along these notes and the words are just stripped of any sugar coating. It's raw.

"When I Was Your Man"-Bruno Mars. He is a hit and miss for me. I love his voice, but some of his songs and lyrics I can't stand. This song I actually love. It reminds me that everyone deserves to be loved in the best way possible. My favorite line is "My pride, my ego, my needs, and my selfish ways caused a good strong woman like you to walk out of my life". Probably because it's the absolute most relate-able thing in this song. Something else I pull from it is take chances and give it all you have. Relationships are give and take. Dang, Bruno's getting deep. Maybe I am cause it's 2 a.m.

"Radioactive"-Imagine Dragons. Because sometimes you just need a good, strong chorus and beat to feel awake!

"Hit em up Style"-Blue Cantrell. Sometimes you just need this. Yes.


Do you see how random my collection of current music is now? Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment