Sunday, September 23, 2012

Good News! This Week Is Over

    But really. I know I didn't post two weeks ago, but if only you knew this past week!! Which you will know now:)
    Can I state the fact that I am only taking 15 credit hours? Which really isn't a lot. But add a part time job and church into the mix and it's a little more work to keep up than originally planned! But I got this! This past week was torture. Absolutely torture. It started off with having three exams, a paper (which included basically reading a whole book before writing), and two quizzes. Well apparently Life decided I needed a little break and my History professor emailed and said the essay won't be due for another week. Crossed that one off the list!
    I don't remember much about the beginning of the week...Just breakfast Tuesday morning that Koury made for us! MMmmmm Bacon, Eggs, and Cinnamon Rolls:)
    Well studying all evening Tuesday night and having another allergic reaction to a bee sting which resulted in some Benadryl turned into Wednesday morning sleeping in...past 10...past my exam. I think I about died when I woke up at 10:20 and realized my exam was taking place at. that. moment. So being me, I almost cried, emailed my teacher and explained the benadryl and the fact I had 3 alarms set that morning but none went off or I didn't wake up and all of a sudden I'm freaking out. Luckily, she let me take my exam the next day. Turns out Thursday I had another exam to take in class and one online due. Hm. The fact that I was so nervous about sleeping in again made it so I didn't fall asleep more than 30 minutes at a time, resulting in probably 1.5-2 hours of sleep overall. Longest Day Of My Life. Needless to say, I called into work that afternoon.
    So it was also Hayley's birthday that day so we went out to Harpers for dinner and had a grand old time! She also got a fish for her birthday, which I thought I wanted until I realized that fish are super boring. And I want a kitten cause they cuddle up with you and you don't really have to take care of them too much. But then I remembered they are mean. And I'm allergic. Maybe I'm just better off with my puppy that lives with my parents.
    Friday came and I had a few quizzes and a discussion to write for my online class and then that night I got to see my Jenny!! Now for those who don't understand, Jenny is two years younger than me, but totally is me. Like get this: she worked at Chuck E. Cheese this summer. Um, hello! I worked at Chuck E. Cheese three years ago! And she is just awesome. It was so nice to see her! Later we had another game night with Dallas, Amanda, and Savannah, which included dark hide and seek, Mofia, and the game of things.
    Saturday I helped a girl from church with her senior project. We played Mud Volleyball as a fundraiser for breast cancer awareness! We had a team made up of 6 people and played some really fun games in the grass and then actually won against a team! Whaaaat!? And then of course our mud games where we won against the same team and then completely lost, but being in the mud and having fun with my team was so great! Now showering was not fun. My feet are still stained orange and it looks like I have one of those rolled in Doritos spotty tans. But it was worth it!
    Tonight was the regular dinner/laundry at the home night and it was a blast! Especially with our new friends:) And "My Fair Lady" is good as always, but sometimes I forget how long it really is...
   So at least the weekend was fun! Considering the entire week I was not sure I would make it another hour. And you know what? I pulled it off. Even went to institute one night and made A's on all three tests. Like. A. Boss. And a B on the test the week before that I was sure I failed. But really, it's before midnight and I'm positive I will be asleep within the next half hour. How do I do that again? It will be nice to be reminded!


No comments:

Post a Comment