Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Daisies Are Dying-Life Shuffles On!

   So here we are, another weekend come and gone! Sort of crazy to think I've been in school for three weeks. It kiiinda feels a lot longer than three weeks. Kind of like I want it to be fall already. Considering I have the best mom who got me the cutest sweater today and the cutest skirt and I just like scarves and sweaters and jackets and FALL HURRY UP.
  I guess I didn't really do a legit "weekly" post for last week but more like put some random thoughts down earlier this week..or last week..I don't remember. Well, last week was super fun. Okay, the week itself wasn't really too much fun, but the weekend was awesome! There wasn't really anyone in the suite except Christian and her boyfriend AJ who came up for the weekend, so Liz and Aja came over for a girls night. We went swimming, got pedicures, made fried chicken and the works with that, watched Luke Bryan videos, went on a quest coming back with Strawberry Daiquiri mix that we made with Mountain Dew instead, a very exciting 10 minutes on our way back to the dorm to vote for our friend Jay Carl's contest in time, sleeping on the floor, and a thousand and one giggles! The next day I spent quality time with my boys Seth and Jason at Target and Toys R Us! That night was phase two: Goodbye to Mitch. We went out for cheesecake and such with him and had a good evening just hanging out!
   This week was kinda crazy. Wednesday classes kind of clicked for me and I overwhelmingly knew that Anthropology was the right track for me. I'm kind of in love with it and I cannot wait to get out in the world and do what I can! I went to institute where we talked about A Proclamation To The World: The Family. Then I got all excited to have a family of my own one day. So now that I'm excited for any direction my life goes, I'm excited to see where life takes me and what roads pop up!
   This weekend has been kind of mellow! Last night I caught up with an old friend which was a lot of fun, and then had quite the bonding experience with the roommates! We tried to make a giant cookie in the oven, but bake it in a frying pan so it basically makes a giant deep dish cookie cake. Well, our ghetto stove decided that it would just be itself and start smelling like nastyness so we turned it off pretty quick. We never took the cookie out, but about 15 minutes later we checked the oven and magically the cookie was cooked to PERFECTION. Literally the best cookie ever.
   Today I just did some laundry, some reading, hung out with my mom, took a quiz, babysat, and made some dinner! Quite eventful, I know. But here are some pictures for your entertainment! And some of the suite because I don't think I've actually posted any anywhere.
Jason with his artwork on our mirror

What I like to spend my evenings doing..snuggled up reading Mythology!

Reason #487 I love my job: It was 88 degrees outside.

The Perks of Coming Home to do Laundry!

Our giant cookie will last for quite some time

So this is the living room/kitchen/dining room:) Complete with the mystery stained couch

The Possessed Stove.

The Bathroom. Toilet on the left, shower on the right. 4 of the 5 bedrooms are connected to the bathroom.

I just love my pillows:)

Rice and Beans: The dinner of champion broke college students.

My room!
So this is life! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment