Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Just Another One of Those Obnoxiously Happy Posts

     I'm already a week and a half into classes and haven't posted...whoops! Not like anyone reads this thing anyways, it's really just for my own enjoyment and to make sense of this messed up brain I got! Nothin like a good dose of A.D.D. to make it hard to make sense of your own thoughts. Which has gotten me into some pretty rough trouble the past few weeks. I over-think the thoughts that haven't  completely formed yet, so it's just been a lot of trouble getting past that. Not the spectacular start to the semester I had been hoping for, but it'll work out! It always does! And that's honestly what amazes me and keeps me going. There really is a unique and individualized plan for each and every person on this planet. No one is doing the exact same thing and will have the exact same experiences and think the exact same thoughts. No two people are completely identical, so why should people live identical lives and have the same story written out for them? Trying to mold them into a story that's not their own just causes chaos to ensue and will be the long road back onto your own path.
     While we choose our own paths and make our own choices to go into our very own personalized stories, there are always the "good" "better" "best" options. Personally, I want the "best" option. Always. Yet sometimes, in the middle of our path, we trip over roots, fall down, or we can't see the road in front of us. And that's okay. That's when you hold on and realize that it's hard and it hurts, but in the end, you are still on the best path and it will take you to the best place with the best people for you. And you know what? We all have the opportunity to pick the best path and change paths whenever we want! Any path is hard and has different struggles, but you endure what is put in front of you because it will make you better. You will look back at everything and realize that it was all a part of the master plan for the best! AND THAT IS THE COOLEST THING EVER! Nothing is ever by chance or random. Everything has a purpose and a reason to it. So I'm learning and growing from these experiences that I've been having and going through. I've never felt so blessed in my life! Even when everything is going right, I'm lucky to know that I'm being prepared for more in this life and making me a better person. God has trusted me enough and knows I'm strong enough for the challenges in myself and my life that will make me a better version of myself. I know that whatever happens is all to make me stronger and fit me for the best plan.

So that part was a lot longer than I had planned in my head.

The next super happy thing is this: WE GOT SNOW, PEOPLE. I walked around outside in it but then went indoors to watch it because I remembered I don't like freezing cold weather...or anything below 60 degrees.

The other super happy thing is this: I GOT INTO THE CHARIOTS! It's a co-ed a capella group at UNCG and to quote "Pitch Perfect": "We sing covers of songs, but we do it without any instruments. It's all from our mouths!". So here goes the endless list of songs I need to learn and hours of rehearsals coming towards me, but bring it on! It has been way way too long since I've done something official-type with singing and I have missed it!

Happy Week Everyone!
I leave you with a song that's been stuck in my head all day that I actually super love and has really done wonders today. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Congrats for getting into an a capella group! That's pretty spiffy! Also, snow is awesome, hootie & the blowish is awesome, and indeed life is awesome.

    ReplyDelete