Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Holiday Season/New Beginnings!

      I'm so far behind, I know! So basically finals wrapped up and some grades were better than expected(by far!) and some were lower than I had hoped but you get what you get! This next semester I'm planning on doing tons better-despite the fact that it will be 20x more difficult than last semester.
      Christmas! It was...fantastic! It was really one of my first/favorite "grown up" Christmas's. By that I mean I didn't ask for anything for Christmas. I didn't really want anything too spectacular! I got an ironing board, which I have to admit I was beyond excited about (domestic Kelly...when did that happen?!) and a tv for my dorm room. I was honestly most excited about my FANNY PACK though (Join me for Fanny Pack Fridays!):)
      The most fantastic thing happened this Christmas. My older brother, Jeff, surprised us and flew home! A few weeks ago he was looking at tickets, but didn't find any. The Friday before Christmas, he bought a ticket and told my dad. My dad kept the secret until Sunday night, three hours before we would leave to pick him up, and told me. I went to get pick Jeff up and we surprised my family when we got home! My mother was floored, as expected, and everyone was in the Christmas spirit just in time for Christmas Eve!
       With the arrival of my brother, Christmas was so much more family centered. Being out of school for a month and not working for a few weeks has given me the time to hang out with my siblings and my parents. I have loved getting to know them more and strengthening our relationships! Listen to how awesome my family is-Sophie is the most hilarious and deep and honestly the coolest person I know. Jack is the most entertaining, positive, and uplifting person. Nicole is sweet, patient, and witty. Jeff is thoughtful, caring, and loving. Danika is smart, also extremely thoughtful, and creative. Each one of my siblings has grown more and it's been amazing to notice the changes in them through the years and their experiences!
      So here comes the general New Years Post, but it's done for a reason, right?! So. This year. 2012. It definitely was the craziest, most insane roller coaster ride ever. I've done a whole lot more internally than I would have ever thought I would/could do. I thought this year would be..different. I had planned 2012 to be my year to travel and do what I had always wanted to do. I didn't plan for this year to twist and turn so much! But I wouldn't change this year for the world!
      This year I have strengthened my testimony in so many ways. I've learned that I am stronger than I could ever imagine when I have the Lord beside me. I've had some really fun times with some really amazing people. I saw my best friend of 4 years for the first time since she moved. I made another amazing best friend that I got to room with. I spent the summer with a few close, fun, and caring friends. I made a lot of friends I wouldn't have met before. I made one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make. There's a lot that happened this year that was amazing and a lot that happened that was hard, but worth it!
       All in all, 2012 was great and I am so ready to move forward with 2013! This years focus will be to see how I can improve myself each day. Merry Belated Christmas and Happy Belated New Year to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment